Driving is even more demanding these days…
Here are some driving facts & tips to keep you safe:
Rural Roads are the Most Dangerous
Slow Down – Speed is a Big Part of that Problem
First…facts on deadly crashes:
- 39% of deadly crashes involve speed.
- 31% of deadly crashes involve alcohol impaired drivers
- 60% of them take place on rural roads – two lane roads outside the city limits.
- 24% of crashes are weather related.
- 88% of deadly crashes involve a driver age 21 and over – so only 12% involve teenager drivers.
60% of Deadly Car Crashes Happen on Rural Roads
- Stick to the center lane on the freeways. Rear-end crashes happen less there than the other lanes.
- The slow lane always has the most action and opportunity for contact with another vehicle increases.
- Every time you change lanes you add risk.
- Distractions inside the vehicle WILL increase your chances of being involved in accident.
- Texting, Facebook & Twitterare a huge part of the distractions & add up to almost 1/4 of auto collisions today (1.3 million crashes).
- Research shows more collisions or near avoidable collisions occur on Monday from 4 p.m. – 5 p.m. than any other time or day of the week.
- Be Safe!
Have a Wonderful Day ~ From the Sallas Team!
October is Car Care Aware Month – Share this Post With a Friend!
Thanks so much ~ Carla Sallas