Taking your car in for auto repair can be stressful. You’re afraid of the cost, and terrified that the shop will find additional auto repair projects that need immediate attention. However, some of that stress is alleviated when you know you can trust your auto repair shop. Here are 5 signs that you’ve found a reputable shop.
How to Get Quality Auto Repair in Kansas City and Overland Park
1. Read the signs. A good auto repair shop has earned recognition, and they shouldn’t hesitate to let customers know. Look for a shop that’s been certified by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence, commonly shortened to ASE. Also, look for approval from organizations like AAA and the Better Business Bureau.
2. Word of mouth. Maybe you aren’t willing to trust what the guy in the auto repair shop is telling you, but satisfied customers won’t steer you wrong. When you’re faced with upcoming auto repair needs, ask friends, family and co-workers for recommendations. They’ll give you the good, the bad and the ugly.
3. Ask for an explanation … and get one. A good auto repair technician takes the time to answer your questions and give a full explanation of what’s going on with your vehicle. They’ll even put it in language that you can understand. When a technician can’t articulate the problem and the cure or refuses to be forthcoming, run in the other direction.
4. Get an estimate. Any reputable auto repair shop will provide you with an estimate, in writing, before performing any major work. They’ll even let you know about contingencies that might make the project come in over or under the estimate.
5. Ask about warranties. Good mechanics stand behind their work. When something doesn’t work as expected, your mechanic should be prepared to make it right. In most circumstances, the best mechanic to choose is the one with the generous warranty.
Don’t rely on guesswork to choose your auto repair shop. These 5 signs can guide you to an outstanding mechanic.
Call us today for more information on our auto repair, oil change and transmission services!
Kansas City Auto Repair- (816) 765-6060
Overland Park Auto Repair- (913) 381-4555