Nick's Top Two Tips To Consider Before Purchasing a Used Vehicle:
1. When buying a used vehicle, it is always a good idea to have your trusted technician look it over to ensure you are making a safe purchase. This inspection can also save you money in the long run. Here at Sallas Auto, we are happy to do this for you. Our technicians can look your car over and perform a 45 point inspection to check for your vehicle's proper functionality and safety. We can accomplish this inspection for just $75 to give you peace of mind and confidence in your vehicle purchase.
2. After you decide this car will be the right fit for you, you may consider or be offered to purchase an extended car warranty. This is not something we always recommend unless you are purchasing a car that you know has some known major problems. We would love to talk with you about this decision when we inspect your used car before your purchase. Suppose you decide you do want to purchase an extended warranty. In that case, it could be beneficial and save you money in the long run IF you are buying from a quality extended car warranty company. Because there are so many options for extended car warranties, we wanted to help guide you in this area.
Top 5 Extended Car Warranties From Our Experience:
We have found these companies very easy to work with.
1. Endurance: Endurance is our #1 choice for many reasons, but most importantly, they work with and sell directly to the consumer making their prices more affordable. This also means your extended car warranty purchase and the process of filing your claims will all be done through the same company making your life easier in the long run. Their warranty covers vehicles up to 20 years old/200K miles.
2. Route 66: Route 66 offers nationwide coverage and $0 deductible plans. All vehicle service contracts are fully insured, and the plans are transferable if you sell your vehicle.
3. Mechanical Breakdown Protection Inc. (MBPI): MBPI is based out of Lee's Summit, Missouri. MBPI has several different protections plans to offer depending on your vehicle and what you are looking for. Their coverage is overall comprehensive.
4. Carmax: Carmax offers hassle-free repairs, flexible plans and pricing, and comprehensive coverage on major repairs. They are nationwide and offer cancellation at any time.
5. American Colonial Administration (ACA): ACA is a third-party company that offers claim adjustments and administrative services for auto and recreational vehicles.