Fuel System Service is usually considered a Preventative Maintenance
Like other maintenance, a fuel system service can help prevent costly repairs. This service can help prolong the life of the fuel pump, fuel injectors, fuel tank, and more.
Benefits of a Fuel System Service
- Cleans carbon deposits that build up on the intake valves, combustion chambers, and fuel injectors.
- Improves engine performance.
- Helps fuel economy (can potentially increase fuel economy by 1-4 miles per gallon).
- Well paired with tune-up and spark plug replacement if not serviced before.
- We recommend this service be performed every 30,000 miles.
Before and After Fuel System Service (bgprod.com)